CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
The British Toxicology Society awards bursaries to BTS members to support their attendance at EUROTOX (Gay Hawksworth award) and Gordon Conference (Gordon Gibson award) meetings.
The criteria for eligibility are:
- Membership of BTS (or application for membership received no later than the application for the bursary)
- Applicants can receive a maximum of 3 bursaries, but may not receive more than 1 per year.
- Presentation of a poster or oral communication at the meeting attended
- Pre-doctoral status must be confirmed by head of department or line manager.
- Submission of a written report on the meeting for inclusion in the BTS Newsletter to email@example.com after attending the meeting
HOW TO APPLY FOR A EUROTOX/Gordon Conference BURSARY
Once abstracts submissions have opened:
- Submit your abstract via the online process
- Complete the online bursary application form below and click “Submit”Alternatively download the paper form here and please email with the following attached:
- Supporting letter from the Head of Department
- Copy of the submitted abstract.
- Short curriculum vitae
These may be sent at any time and applications will be reviewed at the first opportunity by the Scientific Sub-Committee, taking into consideration a number of factors, including the quality of the abstract.
The Scientific Sub-Committee normally meets four times per annum so candidates for EUROTOX and IUTOX bursaries are advised to submit their application at least three months in advance of the registration deadline.