Call for Proposals for the EUROTOX 2018 Congress Scientific Programme
On behalf of the Scientific Programme Committee (SCP) I invite you to submit your proposal for the EUROTOX 2018 Congress that will be held in Brussels, Belgium, September 2-5, 2018.
Your input is required to prepare an innovative and relevant scientific programme covering the most up to date topics. Our theme for 2018 is “Toxicology Out of the Box”. It reflects our willingness and enthusiasm to offer a really innovative, forward-looking and imaginative programme. Submissions in line with this theme are strongly encouraged.
We urge all Individual Members, Member Societies, Speciality Sections, SubCommittees and Corporate Members, as well as scientific and industry partners to contribute. Only a common effort will guarantee a high quality programme and keep our annual congress a reference point for the toxicologists not only in Europe but also internationally.
Please read the guidelines below and submit your scientific proposal using the attached form to email@example.com by December 9, 2016.
The EUROTOX 2018 Scientific Programme Committee members are:
- Heather Wallace, Chair
- Aristidis Tsatsakis, EUROTOX Executive Member
- Thomas Weiser, EUROTOX Executive Member
- 2018 LOC Scientific Programme Committee
- Dominique Lison, Chair
- Miranda Cornet, Member
- Chairs of the EUROTOX Speciality Sections
- Jan Vondracek, Carcinogenesis
- David Bell, ERAS Risk Assessment
- Marc Pallardy, Immunotoxicology & Chemical Allergy
- Hilmi Orhan, Molecular Toxicology
- Kai Savolainen, EUROTOX 2019 Helsinki congress delegate
We also urge you to support and encourage young scientists in your sessions since taking part in symposia and workshops is still an important activity for help them to develop their scientific and professional skills.
Thank you in advance for your continuous support and contribution, and I look forward to receiving your proposal.
Prof. Heather Wallace
Scientific Programme Committee Chair
- Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria: scientific quality, relevance, timeliness and completeness of the information (including details of all speakers, chairs, title, and short description).
- Geographical distribution (not more than 2 speakers from the same country, except for CEC’s)
- The Congress Organization strongly encourages interaction between Academia-Industry-Regulators and interdisciplinary approaches (basic research, clinical/epidemiological, regulation) therefore we ask that you make every effort to include speakers from all mentioned organizations.
Specific Guidelines on preparation of session proposals for EUROTOX
- Symposia: A more formal session where 4 expert speakers present in depth analyses on a topic of wide interest.
- Workshops: A more interaction session where 4 speakers address a specific topic or an issue where views may differ or conclusions have yet to be reached. More time is expected to be dedicated to open discussion
- Roundtable: A discussion based session of 120 minutes with 4 participants. Only short presentations should be planned (5-10 minutes each presenter) with the majority of time allocated for open discussion with the panel and the audience.
- Continuing Education Course: An educational session where 4-5 experts in the field present a balanced view of established principles. Proposers/chairs should ensure they work with individual speakers to achieve balance and prevent repetition. Scheduled from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm including coffee and lunch breaks.
- Keynote lectures: 1 speaker, 45 minutes. For international renowned leaders in the field to present recent hot topics or an authoritative overview of issues of broad interest.