Recognising BTS Members who make a significant contribution to the Society
BTS Members that have made specific contributions with significant impact on the society, such as: mentoring; outreach; the BTS Ambassador scheme; equality, diversity and inclusion; the committees and speciality sections.
Annually up to three recognised, with one overall winner.
- Commemorative certificate for all shortlisted finalists
- Commemorative plaque for the overall winner
- Registration, accommodation, and travel for the annual congress for the overall winner, in line with BTS Travel Policy
- BTS Member for at least 2 years prior to application closure date
- Open to all members, independent of age, career stage or place of employment
The nominator should send a letter/email, including a 200-300 word supporting statement describing specific contribution and its impact(s) and/or benefit(s) to the BTS Secretariat
- Call to membership by 1st May, 1st Sep or 1st Dec preceding an Executive Committee meeting
- Judging panel* makes recommendations to EC
- Shortlisted (up to 3 in total) notified by the President by 30th Jun, 31st Oct or 31st Jan following an EC meeting
- Overall winner notified by President by 28th Feb preceding Annual Congress
Background for the President’s Award
Many members make a wide range of contributions to the BTS every year. These often occur in the background and include, but are not limited to, mentoring other members and scientists; promoting the work of the society at careers fairs and other outreach events; acting as an ambassador to deliver and promote the society’s vision and objectives at a local level; driving and embedding the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion; serving on the societies committees; and leading speciality sections. The BTS appreciates that such roles and their associated efforts are voluntary, and so wished to recognise those members whose contributions have had significant impact on, and/or benefit to, the society. To recognise the many and wide-ranging contributions each year, up to 3 candidates will be celebrated during the year preceding the Annual Congress via the President’s newsletter and society’s website. These candidates will form a shortlist from which a single overall winner will be selected. The winner will be invited to attend the Annual Congress, where they will receive their award from the President.
* Judging panel comprises the President, immediate Past President, Nominations Sub Committee Chair, Network for Early Stage Toxicologists Chair, Lead Ambassador, and Equity Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator.