Here are the current advertisements for open toxicology job vacancies. Click on each role to see further details and to access any associated files to download. Responses and applications should be made to the appropriate contact point detailed in the advert.
- Company: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Department: Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS)
- Location: Teddington, SW London
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £34,410 - £37,260 + Specialist Science and Engineering Allowance of £5,150
Your expertise in toxicology will drive regulation and risk assessment forward
Regulation is a powerful Government tool to address market failures, influence behaviour and promote positive action. Crafted and delivered well, regulation can be an enabler of growth, innovation and efficiency. Here at the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS), part of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), our goal is to be a trusted product regulator for the UK.
The OPSS Science Team provides robust and relevant scientific advice and novel research for the development of policy, and the delivery and enforcement of product safety regulations. Our remit includes toys and cosmetics, as well as construction products. We span many specialisms including analytical chemistry, materials science and toxicology, and work closely with other evidence teams in engineering, research, analysis and testing.
About the role
As a toxicologist in our multidisciplinary Chemical Risk Assessment Team, you will work as part of the secretariat for our Scientific Advisory Group, researching and preparing papers relating to the risks of chemicals in consumer products. You will also assess and interpret toxicological data to undertake chemical risk assessment and communicate outputs to non-specialists. Expect to work closely with colleagues across OPSS and other government departments, as well as external experts and contractors. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to other activities and projects across the Science Team, including our strategic research programme.
You’re likely to have a post-graduate qualification in toxicology or industry experience in the area of chemical risk. An excellent communicator, you’ll have a good record of building and maintaining strong working relationships, and experience of working with a wide range of people, including non-science specialists, to deliver on joint goals. The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload is essential, as are critical thinking skills and attention to detail. You’ll demonstrate technical and commercial leadership potential and will be ready to deliver at pace. Prior experience within a scientific secretariat and an appreciation of the legislative framework would be valuable; however, training can be provided.
We offer a range of benefits including a generous leave allowance, flexible working options, learning and development tailored to your role, and a Civil Service pension.
Contact: Heva Ikram, firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit > Here
Application Deadline: Sunday 18th December 2022
- Company: Vivotecnia Research S.L.
- Location: Spain- Madrid
ABOUT US: Vivotecnia is a pre-clinical research organisation (CRO) based in Madrid, Spain. Our toxicology and safety laboratories were founded in the year 2000. We offer services to support the development of preclinical products for pharmaceutical and biotech companies and product safety studies for the cosmetic, chemical and agrochemical industries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Anatomic pathology in a pre-clinical CRO; evaluates slides, reviews and interprets data; generates pathology reports; interacts with Study Directors and other stakeholders if needed; provides scientific expertise in pathology; ensures GLP compliance for all work performed, coordinates the histology, necropsy and histopathology departments.
REQUIREMENTS: • Degree in Veterinary or Medicine with specialization in anatomic pathology. • Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar position • Experience in a pre-clinical CRO with animal samples. • Languages: Spanish is required (or Italian, Portuguese, Romanian or Brazilian because of its similarity) • Valuable experience coordinating the necropsy and histology departments. • Experience in pharmacology and toxicology
OFFER: Permanent contract, full time. Job stability and the possibility of professional growth.
- Company: Labcorp
- Location: Can be based remotely in UK or Europe
Are you currently a Toxicologist or do you have significant demonstrable experience within the toxicology field?
Are you looking for that next opportunity to develop your career working for a world leader in Crop Protection and Chemicals Development?
Labcorp is a global contract research organisation with a specialist division focusing on chemical and crop protection (CPC) studies and we are seeking to recruit a Lead Toxicologist to work within our experienced and growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic team as the subject matter expert, working with global clients to provide scientific, technical and regulatory advice.
The ideal candidate will have significant hands on toxicology experience with the ability to advise on testing strategy across, acute toxicity, chronic & sub-chronic endpoints for mammalian systems, as well as reproductive, genetic and inhalation toxicology.
They will contribute to our thriving in silico testing business and our continual involvement in new alternative methods for safety testing. They will ideally have an awareness of global data requirements relating to crop protection substances and test (e.g. OECD) guidelines. Particular skillsets are knowledge of the EU and/ or US EPA regulatory process.
The role can be based remotely in the UK or Europe.
- Being the thought-leader in the discipline for the business
- Ensuring an understanding of the client’s strategy and objectives and lead discussions during the design of projects to meet regulatory requirements
- Being responsible for high level toxicology argumentation and interpretation and provide expert specialist skills in key areas of dossier preparation whilst being fully accountable for meeting quality and deadline demands for designated projects
- Be the decision maker for toxicity impact effects and in relation to classification
- Keeping abreast of new scientific and regulatory developments in order to help plan/focus the development for CPC Regulatory Consultancy in your area of expertise
- Providing key program and strategic issue management advice to both clients and in-house departments
- Helping promote our business by providing technical support to the sales team
- Actively supporting and training other team members in specialist skills areas
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension
- Un-paralleled opportunities for career development and progression within a global organisation with global clients
- Excellent relocation package (subject to criteria) or remote working
- Flexible working arrangements
- A culture of CARE with access to well-being programs and various employee resource groups
- BSc or higher, or equivalent industry experience (MSc, PhD or additional toxicology related qualifications preferable)
Skills / Experience:
- Significant demonstrable experience in technical understanding of Toxicology, preferably on Crop Protection and Chemical (CPC) studies
- Project management and direct experience with clients
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead and engage with other project team members
- Ability to work within a quality focused environment and successfully deliver against agreed timelines whilst managing workloads and resources to ensure targets are met
For a confidential conversation or to apply please email Katie.Brett@labcorp.com
- Company: Infineum UK
- Department: Product Stewardship & Regulatory Compliance
- Location: Milton Hill - Oxfordshire, UK
This is a great move for a talented Toxicologist. You will be a member of Regulatory Projects & Toxicology, a multidisciplinary group within the Global Product Stewardship & Regulatory Compliance organisation. Working alongside our existing toxicologists, you will provide toxicology and regulatory support to new product development and existing products worldwide.
Further details and to Apply – CLICK HERE
Advertise a Vacancy
Each vacancy posting costs £750 for a corporate organisation. Reduced costs are available for Academic institutions.
Advertisements are posted within three days of payment being processed after receipt of the booking form, and will remain on the website for two months or until the closing date of the application, whichever is sooner. We also send an e-alert to members when new advertisements are posted on the website.
Please complete the booking form and return this to us, along with the details that you wish to publish (as a separate PDF or Word file). Please note that on the booking form, you are requested to include a paragraph (50 words max) summarising the details of the vacancy. The information you provide in this section will be used on the website.
Please return the form by email to email@example.com