BSTP Diary Dates and Bursary Opportunity – April 2023
BURSARY OPPORTUNITIES FOR EARLY CAREER PATHOLOGISTS – 2023/2024
The BSTP are able to offer at least three free places on each of our Continuing Education Symposiums (CES).
Applications are welcomed from interested members and non-members of the BSTP.
The awarding of funding will be at the discretion of the BSTP Council.
Priority will be given to individuals working within an “early career” environment, for example, stipendiary MSc/PhD students, researchers studying/working within a relevant scientific field, or veterinary pathology residents at a recognised institution working towards a professional qualification or gaining more experience within the field of toxicological pathology.
In addition, if the successful candidate is not already a member of the BSTP, they will also receive up to 12 months’ free membership of BSTP.
The deadline for applications for CES 8 is Tuesday 31st May 2023.
When applying you should submit the following:
- A brief CV.
- A covering letter stating why this particular CES is of interest to you.
- A letter from your supervisor/Head of Department confirming that you are working within an “early career” environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Complete and return a CES/meeting registration form (sent to the successful candidate after the award has been made).
- Attend the whole symposium.
- Write a short article (approx 500 words) describing their own research, a brief overview of the symposium, or a description of how the symposium has contributed to your training/professional knowledge (this may appear in the BSTP Newsletter).
- If not already a member of the BSTP, complete and return the membership application form (sent to the successful candidate after the award has been made).
Completed applications should be sent directly to the BSTP Secretariat to allow for a decision to be made by the BSTP Council. Successful applicants will be notified by the BSTP Secretariat in good time to register for the meeting.
The BSTP are happy for you to disseminate this information to your colleagues within your group.
Email: BSTP Secretariat – firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about events organised by the BSTP is also available on https://www.bstp.org.uk/events/bstp-events/ and https://www.bstp.org.uk/bstp-webinars/ the BSTP are happy for you to disseminate this information to your colleagues and to all trainees on your mailing lists.