Toxicology & Toxicity Testing
In this deeper look into toxicology, you will attend a two-hour online training course designed to further develop your knowledge of toxicology and its application in a regulatory setting. This is a follow-on course from Chemical Watch’s Toxicology for the Non-Toxicologist training and e-learning courses.
Examples will be provided throughout the session to illustrate key points. The training is designed in such a way that the course material will be useful for a wide variety of industries. Regulations covered include: REACH, biocidal products (BPR) and cosmetics products Regulations. It will also help those of you involved with writing safety data sheets (SDSs), or conducting classification and labelling (CLP/GHS) and risk assessment work.
By attending this training course, you will learn:
– the use of data waivers, adaptation, and weight of evidence in regulatory toxicology;
– data sources and assessment of reliability;
– adverse and non-adverse effects;
– testing strategies for the assessment of toxicological endpoints;
– the importance of controls, satellite groups, choice of appropriate vehicles, group sizes, dose selection and exposure routes for in vivo testing;
– statistical significance, biological and toxicological significance; and
– the use of physico-chemical data for the determination of likely exposure routes.
Course Type: Commercial Courses
Learning Type: Online
Course Duration: Full Time
Full Time Hours: 2.5 hours
Qualifications Required: No formal qualification
Cost: £440. Member price: £374
Contact details of organiser: Chemical Watch